Terminal Handling Charges
Careers at dnata
About dnata UK
- We provide a full range of Ground and Cargo handling services
- We work for 35 of the world’s top airlines
- 2010 revenues were a record £83 million – our best year ever
- We have a 20% share of the total cargo handling market at both London Heathrow and Manchester Airports
- Total cargo terminal space: 450,000 square feet
- Annual cargo volumes handled: 320,000 tonnes
- We’re a leading provider of dedicated warehouse facilities to major airlines
- We’re the only Airbus A380 handler at London Heathrow
- Five million passengers per annum check-in with us
- Every year we process and handle over 12 million passenger bags
- We’re responsible for 26,000 aircraft turnarounds a year
Before it became part of the dnata family in December 2009, dnata UK was Plane Handling, one of the UK’s largest and most successful independent ground handling companies since 1987.
Based at London’s Heathrow Airport, we provide cargo, passenger services and operations, ramp services and transport solutions for leading airlines from all over the world. Our additional UK hub is at Manchester Airport.
Find out more about our services by using these quick links:
Our vision for the future is to be the most admired air services provider. Admired for our excellent customer service, our dedication to safety and our imagination in developing innovative products.
We believe in building strong, long-term relationships with our customers based on the choice and quality of services we deliver, the value of our operation and the expertise of our people.
dnata UK’s continual investment is reflected in our cutting-edge facilities and equipment, our advanced systems and in the training and development of our staff. This edge allows us to deliver the highest levels of business efficiency. It also allows us to be price competitive. And our customers really appreciate that.
Click here to download a dnata brochure
Security is at the heart of our business. And it gives our customers peace of mind to know that their cargo is subject to some of the world’s most stringent safety and security procedures:
- dnata UK has been accredited by the UK Department for Transport (DfT) as an Approved Listed Agent
- All facilities are AIMSS (Airfreight Industry Minimum Security Standards) accredited
- dnata UK is fully compliant with the cargo screening requirements of the DfT and the U.S. Transportation Security Administration (TSA)
- Compliant with HM Customs regulations
- All staff are trained to the required level of training as specified by the DfT
- Our X-ray facility has recently been upgraded to include eight Dual View machines for higher level security
- Our facilities have a total of 230 cameras installed and images are digitally recorded and monitored
In 2012, we are working towards the adoption of the IATA Safety Audit Programme for Ground Operations (ISAGO) which aims to improve safety and cut airline costs by drastically reducing ground accidents and injuries.
- Our cargo handling operations have been awarded ISO 9002 quality accreditation
- dnata UK is an Industry Associate member of Cargo 2000, an IATA Interest Group of over 75 major airlines, freight forwarders, GHA's, trucking companies and IT providers with the unique goal of implementing a new quality management system for the worldwide air cargo industry